Abstract Submissions Open: November 13, 2017
Abstract Submissions Deadline: February 16, 2018
The Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) invites nursing educators, nursing administrators, practitioners, and those interested in associate degree nursing to submit a written proposal related to theme of Population Health: A Vision for Nursing Education that can be developed into a presentation for the convention in 2018. The call is for workshops (4 hours) and for concurrent sessions (60 minutes).
Thinking about population health as cooperative initiatives aimed at improving the population’s health status, specific topics suggested include, but are not limited to the following:
● Inclusion of population health in the curriculum
● Integration of population-focused nursing concepts (holism, coordination, collaboration, and advocacy
● Practicing in a team-based care environment
● Changing nursing roles and practice environments
● Using health data and technology for decision-making
● Diversity and workforce
● Population health policy implications and advocacy
● Leadership and Management Roles
● Research and Evidence-Based Practice
The OADN Convention Planning Committee will review proposals for the following *:
- Preconvention Workshops (4 Hours) - November 08 - 09, 2018
- Concurrent Sessions (1 Hour)
Proposals: The abstract should be a maximum of 500 words, 250 words minimum. Additional information should include the overall purpose, a minimum of three outcomes, and overall significance. The proposal should lack commercial content. All proposals must be submitted by February 16, 2018.
Submitters will be notified by e-mail of their selection by April 27, 2018.
NOTE: Only online submissions will be accepted. Proposals received via e-mail or mail will not be accepted.
Selected Concurrent Session presenters will receive a $100 discount off a 2018 Full Convention Registration (this discount only applies to one presenter per session).
Selected Preconvention Workshop presenters will receive a complimentary 2018 Full Convention Registration (this complimentary registration only applies to one presenter per session).
NOTE: All presenters are required to register for the Convention in order to present.
If you have any questions, please contact the National Office at (877)966-6236.
* The reviews will be anonymous.